Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Budget vs Blow-the-budget



Blow-the-budget

My favorite thing to do, especially these days is to create a look for less. Or at least part of a look for less.  I like mixing styles and also mixing in high-end with budget items in both interiors and in fashion.  Like for example, wearing a blow-the-budget pair of shoes with a cheap, but great pair of jeans and a simple white tee-shirt. I think that = fabulousness.  Check out these blow-the-budget pieces and then their economy look-a-likes!
Blow-the-budget items- Lamp: crystal and silvered-bronzed-base with silk shade from JF Chen $5,775 & Clock: antique silver from Paul Ferrante $1350  vs: 


Gracious Home Venus table lamp $380




Simon Pearce: $95 - $130

 I've been putting off replacing a much needed pair of black pumps so since I was on the hunt...

Yves St Laurent: $760 at Barney's NY
Love-love them...but these aren't bad at all either...


Jessica Simpson: $69.99 L&T

Marc by Marc Jacobs: $99 at L&T






This Alberta Ferretti outfit is so pretty with an easy-breezy feeling.  The total price tag? ... $3,985 for the hat, top, skirt and sandals.  Marie Claire & I found some similar looks for a lot less.  What do you think?  I've had a floppy straw hat since forever and I'm glad it's held up, even on the plane trip back from London where I got it.  Although, I have to say I'm not sure I like the way I look in this style.   You wouldn't know it by the amount of hats I wear year-round--what with bad hair days and all...but maybe I'm not a hat person after all.  If you are, these are cutey-pies.


Hats left to right: 
Juicy Couture $78, Screen door by Lola hats at Jill Roberts $165, Walmart $7 Sweaters left to right: Express $60, J.Crew $88, Rachel Roy $89
& btw, what about these hats? I don't know the price but they do look pretty awesome. Found them Kris Atomic and had to post...OK, back to it...


 BCBG Max Azria Kara top $148
BCBG Max Azria Kara top $148


Guess sweater $79 (on sale at guess.com $47.40)


Leifsdottir skirt:$328


I found this at Zara $99 (more colors available)

Coach: $158 (-20% at Lord & Taylor)


Left to right:
Max Studio $89 & Zappos $155

Jessica Simpson: $79  (-20% at L&T)





1 comment:

The Buzz Blog said...

Given that I sometimes (actually quite often!) blow the budget, having well-priced fabulousness on hand is a must! BTW - the hats you love with the flowered dresses are Carolina Herrera (Spring 2011) and they are most certainly in the blow the budget category!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48