Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Project:


I'm working on a townhouse for a friend of mine. She got a divorce, sold her house, has 2 kids away at college and asked me to help her with her new place! 
I wanted to update her look with a chic sofa and found this one from BSC Co. It's slipcovered in Kravet's velvet in a cream color and has a multi-pillow back with ebony stained wood legs. (Sofa and fabric to the trade only, so email me if you'd like something) I want it to be casual yet sophisticated and comfy for when the kids come home since this is now her main living space. The sofa we selected is the single bench sofa shown above.

We're in the process of getting a second set of pillow case fabrics selected so she'll be able to change out the look for the spring/summer ...and I think we may go with various red patterns like ticking, wide stripes, floral, etc... although the jury is still out on that. We'll put down a large jute rug and then this small rug thrown over it on an angle. The one shown above is a wool blend from the Montego collection from Burke Decor. She also asked to have an animal print somewhere, so I thought this alternative rug might do the trick. 
 She wants a ottoman coffee table and I found the one on the board at Crate and Barrel and this one above with exposed legs from West Elm, although it will be in a solid dark color, not a pattern so it doesn't compete with the patterned rug.  Both ottomans are well priced under $300. 


The end table is a Milia from Zinc door and the table lights we'll get from Home Goods, but the ceiling light above is from Layla Grace and the sconces are from Lumens.

Aside from the sofa and jute rug that's already confirmed, we're still deciding on the other pieces. You'll see those in a future post but I thought it might be fun to share some of the process with you and show you some items we're considering. It'll be interesting to see what direction this room ultimately goes in!

Until then, I'm having fun playing around with these boards!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48