Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Celebrity Home Edition!

My friend Tony called me the other day asking for some decorating advice for his new townhouse. He said he wants to paint his walls dark grey (love) and said I could see what shade he was thinking about by looking at the photos of Brooke Shield's Greenwich Village townhouse in Architectural Digest. As soon as I saw the photos I knew he was on the right track.  I knew the color well--it's Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Gray. And, then I thought the interior was so beautiful I had to put these photos on the blog. Here ya go...photographed by my favorite interiors photographer, William Waldron.
Her home was renovated in collaboration with David Flint Wood and MADE architects.  They combined modern with antiques, my favorite thing to do...they paired Louis XVI–style armchairs, and a French Empire commode, with a 1970s Lucite-base cocktail table. And the styles are amazing together.
The trio of paintings is by Hunt Slonem, the stool is from Lee Jofa and the jute rug is from Pottery Barn.
The chandelier is from Laurin Copen Antiques and is paired with Jansen chairs. The vintage marble-top pedestal table is from Ralph Lauren Home and the wallpaper is from Zuber’s Les Lointains.

 I absolutely love this kitchen! The pop yellow in the art and the seats in orange--wow!  They put George III–style dining chairs around a table by MADE with  pendant lamps by Foscarini, and the range from Wolf,

Robert Mapplethorpe and Annie Leibovitz images are leaning alongside works by Richard Avedon, Adam Fuss, and others. The weathered folding beach chairs are genius next to this table.
A drawing by Haring, used to wrap a gift for Shields, overlooks a chrome bench from Vermillion in the vestibule.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48