Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Is that a painted floor?

When I saw this floor I thought it was amazing.  They brilliantly painted a pattern over a damaged wood floor that most people would've completely covered. The damaged areas beautifully become part the detail and it works like a charm. I'm impressed with the patterned floors but even just painting one color in high gloss looks pretty fab and costs a lot less than replacing the floor. Whether it's a pattern or solid, either way I'm pretty smitten. And incredibly inspired, so stay tuned for future post updates.








The star I painted on the floor in my foyer.

Here're some tips for painting ceramic tile, sheet vinyl, old linoleum, hardwood, and vinyl tile. To prep, remove any wax and dirt. (If you're painting glazed tile, sand it first.) If you're using a latex paint, apply either latex or oil-based primer. If using an oil-based or polyurethane paint, apply an oil-based primer.  As always, use the best rollers and brushes available. So let's go have some fun and paint a floor--don't forget to send me some photos of your work!

Credits: Houzz, Casa Sugar, Me.






1 comment:

The Buzz Blog said...

I've been drooling over Mary McDonald's floors on MDD and have wanted to do this on my covered porch... That first image is gorgeous!
xxoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48