Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer lovin'....

August. Already?? Harrumph--I'm having way too much fun for it to be almost over. Here are some photos of rooms with ocean views and other photos that just remind me of summer. I saw the clothes line photo and it brought me back to growing up in New Jersey. What's summer to you? For me, there's nothing like the smell of freshly washed clothes after they've been hung out to dry in the summer breeze. I've tried every kind of detergent and nada. Nope, ya just can't replicate the real thing.  And those clothes clips! I'd help my mother hang the clothes on the line, with those fantastic wooden clips, just like in this photo, and we'd put them in these big, beautiful, wicker laundry baskets. I'd fall into the deepest sleep from the aroma of our line dried sheets--or maybe I was just so exhausted from doing laundry?  With four other siblings in the house, we always had sheets and clothes on the line, that stretched for what seemed line miles when I had to pull them in on my tip-toes, barely tall enough to reach the clips. And then as I got older, I'd grab the sheets with both arms, burying my face in them...giving the neighbors a good laugh, I'm sure. Even now, I can remember the smell of that fresh aroma, and the memories come flooding back...
And going down the shore....ahhh the sea shore. Nothing marks summer like days and nights down the shore.










1 comment:

The Buzz Blog said...

Summer indeed! The smell of the ocean, the sound of windchimes and the feel of crisp clean sheets after a day at the beach... that's summer for me! Happy weekend!
xxoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48