Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's a K-O!


We have an arbor down the shore that I've been trying to 'liven' up.  I've tried a few flowers, but this time I'm going for roses. Rosa'Radrazz' or aka The knock-out rose, to be exact.
Fall is coming and the best time of year to plant roses in your garden is spring or fall, avoiding the heat and cold is a must, so I'm preparing to do it soon.  The arbor is in a bright are, which works for me because they need consistent light and full sun to thrive. They're hardy and are exceptionally diseases resistant, so, if I follow the instructions I should be good to go!
Via: Sunset.com
Planting notes. Your soil should be loose, fertile and well drained, and don't forget to choose the sunniest site for planting. 
  1. Dig a hole twice as wide and as deep as the container your rose came in, then carefully remove the rose from its pot.
  2. Loosen up its roots and place it in the hole, replacing the soil and patting down around the base of the plant.
  3. Water it thoroughly, and for the next several weeks, check on the soil moisture as your Knock Out rose is acclimating.

photos: Houzz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48