Sunday, August 14, 2016

My project...


COtTaGe cHArM
I renovated my cottage down the shore about 3 years ago and this year I did some fun decorative additions. I didn't have time to do much before my film went into production but I was able to squeeze in the installation of a ventless biofuel fireplace and I put up wall decals. I picked a few favorite quotes. 

Here's the end result along with a couple of photos of the place furnished.
It wasn't too difficult to do, but it did take me about 1.5 hours including prep. Once I got the hang of it...I was done:)




The fire was just lit when I took this photo, so the flame was still low, but once it gets going the flame runs fairly wide and gets stronger. It throws some heat too which will be nice and cozy in the winter. 





I added blue glass bottles and a valance for color...
I put up Donna Karen polka dot sheers and added a pop of color with the blue pillow and a floating shelf for the cable box.
Who can resist a basket full of ivory soap?  
I also added solar path lights this year. They're not all sun-charged yet in this photo so it's hard to see all of them...finally I don't have to guess my way down the slate path to the front door:)
I'd usually give the porch floor boards a fresh coat of stain every year, but not only did I not have the time, but I believe they are worn to perfection. I couldn't bring myself to make it look "perfect"...it's perfect as-is...don't ya think?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
54490-250-91F7F08A62F2EBEC075A9DF4823AED48